Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum
 Chat Portal Zur Startseite Registrierung Kalender Mitgliederliste Teammitglieder Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen

Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum » Archivierte Foren » Englische Beiträge » °~Amarok & the morse code°~ » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen °~Amarok & the morse code°~  
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
VaNeSa PaRodi VaNeSa PaRodi ist weiblich
Hergest Ridge

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Pfeil °~Amarok & the morse code°~ Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

It wasn't till these days that I wondered again about Amarok's Morse code. Thinking the way Mike Oldfield is (his personality and his especial interest in spirituality) made me realize that it would be too rude of him sending a message with "those words" (you know, some claim that the meaning in the morse code is fuc* of* RB).

We've seen Mike Oldfield throughout all of these years and he has never used bad words or even gestures in any of the concerts he has performed. I've never had the opportunity to see him live, but I have many of his video concerts and I can tell that he isn't that kind of person who would assault or attack the other...let alone "verbally". Just listen to his music and you'll know what I'm talking about (although at times he can show some kind of "protest" in his music being a bit "rough" or "strident"). His main musical compositions "make us feel good" so it would be a sort of a contradiction if we thought of him as a "violent" or "agressive" person.

Taking into account all of this, can you imagine Mike Oldfield saying "fuc* of* RB" even if he had a dispute with Richard Brandson? In my opinion, that wouldn't make him a spiritual person at all...

Now, as I bear in mind what I said above about Mike Oldfield, I was almost sure that the people who "published" the Morse code message, had MISTRANSLATED its REAL meaning. I had my doubts...

I "managed" to interpret Morse code by myself and I could listen these possibilities:

1. .._ / _ _ / .. _ That is U / M / U But didn't seem to have any meaning.

2. ... / . _ / ... That is S / A / S But didn't seem to have any meaning.

3. .. / _ / ... That is F /T / S But again didn't seem to have meaning.

4. ... / . / _. / ... That is S / T / N / S But couldn't find a meaning in there.

5. ... / .. / _ / ... That is S / I / T/ S Now it had meaning but wasn't sure.

6. ... / . / ._ / ... That is S / E / A / S Yes, I said...that could be! (I instantly connected it with Let There Be Light video clip and remembered the word "Oceans" from one of the round life savings as the lifeguard was coming downstairs and joined the girl who was amazed at what she was "seeing".

However I had some extra help from my father's friend who is an amateur radio operator (ham radio) with license and all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio
The thing is that he happens to know Morse Code like the palm of his hand and so he helped me to verify Amarok's Morse Code fröhlich

We listened to Amarok many times (mintute 23, 16 seconds) and he confirmed me over and over again that he listened this:

7. ... / _ / ._ / ... that is S / T / A / S

Wow!!! Mike Oldfield likes to play with languages too!!!

Have you ever wondered what those words in Sheba mean?

That is, the biblical Queen of Sheba who was the ruler of Sheba, an ancient kingdom which modern archaeology speculates was located in present-day Ethiopia or Yemen. In the Ethiopian tradition, and in Islamic tradition her name is Bilqis. Alternative names given for her have been Nikaule or Nicaula. The Queen of Sheba appears as the "Queen of the South" (Isis-Sirius) in Matthew 12:42 and Luke 11:31, where Jesus indicates that she and the Ninevites will judge the Jews who rejected Jesus. The implication is apparently that righteous gentiles will judge unrighteous Jews." The Song of Solomon/Song of Songs contain some references which have been at various times interpreted as referring to love between Solomon (actually Osiris/Moses/Tutankhamóm) and the Queen of Sheba (Isis). Thus, the female lover at 1:5 declares "I am black, but comely."
The Queen of Sheba's chastity has also been depicted as a foreshadowing of the Virgin Mary, and the three gifts that she brought (gold, spices and stones) have been seen as analogous to the gifts of the Magi (gold, frankincense and myrrh), which is consistent with a passage from Isaiah 60:6; And they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring forth gold and incense; and they shall show forth the praises of the Lord.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Sheba

It is funny, for example, that composer Händel wrote the composition "The arrival of the Queen of Sheba". The Arrival? Hey, that's odd! There is also an "Arrival" on QE2! Augenzwinkern Mike's version of Arrival was originally composed by Swedish group ABBA, meaning FATHER in Aramaic language.

The thing is if you pay attention to the words and sounds you'll clearly find "mantras" not only in Sheba but in Celt and in Ora-bi-doo as well.

In Sheba, there might be a bit of Spanish...

Oo-Noo Sa-Na Sa-E E-Goo

Hosanna ya llegó = Hosanna, (he/she) is here already.

In Celt you can listen the words "Nobis Rama Esto Rama". Nobis and Esto could be Latin in theory, and it would mean something like "Come to us Rama, Rama it is". Rama is an Avatara or reencarnation of Vishnu (the preserver) whose life is based on the Ramayana epic poem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rama

Mike also uses many languages in many of his songs like:

*Amarok

Sondela uSomandla sukuma wena obengezela

Come closer the Almighty stand up you who glitters. In Western grammar: Come closer, God. You who glitter ( because of the Light that shines from You) must stand up (and be seen by us mortals).

*Pacha Mama (The Millennium Bell) is in Inca language

Huaca Pacha Mama
Huaca Saqsaywaman
Huaca Yachaq runa
Huaca Munaq Runa

Temple of the Earth Mother
Temple of the Speckled Hawk
Temple of the Wise One
Temple of the Loving One

*Amber Light, (The Millennium Bell) last part is in Indi

Ekusene Kuya Kanya = The Dawn is Bright

*The Songs Of Distant Earth

The Gregorian Chant on "Hibernaculum" is not Latin, but the chant on "Let There be Light" is.

The Saami chant (Saami language, Lapland: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_language) on "Prayer For The Earth" was composed and performed by Nils Aslak Valkeapää. The chant is from the movie Ofelas ("Pathfinder").

At the same time, in AMAROK, Mike mixes a lot of Spanish sounds, guitars and even some kind of flamenco but...Have you payed attention that in minute 2, 34 seconds starts a rhythm which is typical in my country's folklore? It is also where it begins the "HAPPY?" sound. That rhythm is up to minute 5, 33 seconds. The rhythm (of drums beating) is called "MALAMBO". Then you listen the Malambo rhythm again in minute 10, 41 seconds up to minute 11.

http://www.travelsur.net/argentinamusic/malambo.html
http://www.aquifolklore.com.ar/English/ezapateo.htm
http://www.aquifolklore.com.ar/English/efiguras.htm
http://www.congaqueen.com/lessons/malambo.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Argentina
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malambo

Have you payed attention in minute 15, 17 seconds a sound says something like "wata", actually it is "WATER" and Mike says "BUSY" then in minute 15, 51 seconds you listen to a piano section, also something charateristic in my country...almost tango and later in minute 16 you listen to the "water" sound fröhlich . Folklore rhythm repeats again in minute 24 with the piano section...Later in minute 24, 34 seconds it says again "WATER" (in many of Mike's albums "water sounds" are frequent. Tr3s Lunas album is full of water sounds..."Return to the Origin", In the Pool, Sunken forest, Quicksilver...etc. etc.) and "HA-HA-HA" and turns into a typical Spanish tune. You know, Argentinian folklore comes from the Spanish folklore but later reformed, so "spanish guitars" are the main instruments in our national folkolre as well.

Listen to Mike specially in minute 26:05 up to 26: 24. This is really significant. Why? Because Mike is "praying" (as if he were in a church). I could get that he is saying "Our Father" (Thou art in Heaven) and it's not clear because he mixes all the words. He is not saying it in the correct order; he skips parts and says the words very quickly. But pay attention and you'll recognize he is praying "Our Father" . At the end he "clearly says" TROUBLES!!!

So, taking into account all of this, especially seeing that Mike likes mixing or using different languages too, the meaning of the Morse code translation in Amarok album is in Spanish (Spanish spoken in Argentina, not in Spain).

... / _ / ._ / ... that is S / T / A / S

"Stas" in Spanish (spoken in Spain) is "estais" but the Spanish language we speak here in Argentina is a bit different, we've got another accent and another slang. Here, instead of saying "estais", we say "estás".

Check this out: STAS = ESTÁS This word "estás" has a tacit subject and it comes from the verb "to be". So in English means: "You are here".

Meaning: "You are here Amarok", "You are here Heavenly Wolf", "You are here Sirius".

AMOR,

Vanesa aka Sirius

IAO | O |

*§*ReSoLuTioN~ReVoLuTiOn~EvOLuTiOn*§*

¤MIKE OLDFIELD¤
24.12.2006 06:34 VaNeSa PaRodi ist offline Beiträge von VaNeSa PaRodi suchen Nehmen Sie VaNeSa PaRodi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Deutsches Mike Oldfield Forum » Archivierte Foren » Englische Beiträge » °~Amarok & the morse code°~